When you join Brown and Caldwell, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture. You will find that we offer a non-hierarchical, collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. You will be trusted to do the right thing by our project managers and external clients and given the flexibility to manage your own schedule to achieve this. The work we do is interesting, challenging, and wide-ranging in nature, and so is our client base.
- Support the R&D Program Manager with organizing, tracking, and managing documents related to strategic partner support, research projects, peer-reviewed publications, and internal work products.
- Support the R&D Director with research-related project coordination including setting up group and project meetings, speaking engagements (workshops), scheduling calls, travel arrangements, expense reports, and general administrative support.
- Support the Treatability Laboratory Research Manager and laboratory staff with inventory management, placing and tracking equipment and supply orders, preparing packages/samples for shipping, tracking equipment use logs and maintenance schedules, tracking health and safety inspections and health and safety laboratory-specific plan preparation, and coordinating with outside analytical laboratories for sample receipt and delivery.
- Perform general administrative duties in support of R&D projects including typing, formatting, and producing complex documents including correspondence, reports, technical memos, and contracts. This includes editing, inserting, and formatting text, tables, spreadsheets, graphics, and other diverse content into master documents using Microsoft Word and other software programs.
- Provide support to the Nashville office as a health and safety administrator coordinator. Duties to include ordering health and safety supplies, supporting employees with scheduling training events, distribution of monthly pre-prepared safety communications, attend monthly safety program calls, working with the H&S coordinator on the office emergency plan updates, and drills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Associates degree required; college degree preferred.
- Three years of experience in a professional office setting preferred.
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint software, or able to learn these quickly.
- Candidate should be able to anticipate needs and have the ability to identify work assignments independently.
- Candidate should be comfortable working directly with senior managers and technical staff.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) are essential.
- The successful candidate will be proactive and self-motivated.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks is required.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is required.
- Ability to work under multiple deadline pressures required.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, Calif., Brown and Caldwell is a full-service environmental engineering and construction firm with 52 offices and 1,700+ professionals across North America and the Pacific. For more than 70 years, we have created leading-edge environmental solutions for municipalities, private industry, and government agencies. We strive to be the company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration, and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise, and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. For more information, visit www.brownandcaldwell.com
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Brown and Caldwell does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request with Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.