****$15.00 per hour and Sign On Bonus Available: $1,500 for Full time, $750 for part time****
Responsible for all aspects of patient meal service which may include: answering phones in the Call Center; assembling patient trays; cleaning and sanitizing dishes, pot and pans, equipment and work area according to established standards; delivering and picking up patient meal trays; requisition, receive and put away stock and tasks associated with these activities. Communicates effectively. Provides excellent patient and family centered care and services.
- Provide patient meal service including accurate portioning and presentation of menu items, set up of tray assembly station, tray assembly, distribution of trays and collection of soiled trays.
- Menu stocking, distribution and/or collection.
- Obtain and document patient food and beverage selections, intake and other preferences as directed.
- Dish room duties including breakdown of soiled trays. Wash, sanitize and put away pots and pans. Operate dish machine, properly handle and stock clean service ware and equipment according to established safety and sanitation standards.
- Collect and dispose of trash. Sweep and mop floors. Clean and sanitize kitchen equipment.
- Call Center duties include ability to answer multiple line phone, input patient selections into computer paying special attention to dietary restrictions and special needs.
- Maintain work area including requisitioning, receiving, rotating and putting away stock while meeting established standards for safety and sanitation.
- Transportation of food carts within the department, and to patient care areas or other locations as assigned.
- Able to work independently and as part of the team.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for waste reduction, service improvements and/or revenue enhancement to leadership per established guidelines.
- Meets productivity and service standards for assigned area.
- Food service experience, preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and communicate effectively in English.